Monday, July 20, 2015

Where does the time go?

I officially started training for my next marathon this past weekend. Just a nice easy 8 miles although it was embarrassingly slow and sluggish. I got it done. 16 weeks to train for the Niagara Falls International marathon. It took me forever to decide on a fall race and I was torn between a few different races, but I think this one will be really cool. I mean I get to run across the border into Canada and finish near the Canadian side of the falls.
I have been kind of slacking as far as running goes and I blame that for my slow sluggish pace and the 10lbs. I've probably put on. I'm lucky if I get 20 miles in each week. I need to get back up to the 40-50 miles a week range to get my speed and weight back to where I want it to be. But I am having an amazing summer and living life to the fullest doesn't even begin to capture the amount of awesome I am cramming into every moment.

Quick recap of the things I have done since I last posted: 3 more mountain goat races (Pack Monadnock, Loon, Cranmore) each one a little tougher than the previous one, one of them included a 48% grade hill. 2 half marathons. Ran the Freedom trail in Boston, Flew a plane, saw the Barenaked Ladies, went sailing for the first time, hiked the Franconia ridge trail across three 4000+ footers solo, and tried stand up paddleboarding. Oh and I ate frog legs and crickets. Here are a few highlights:







Up next on my "to-do" list: Run Beach to Beacon 10K, learn to play Polo, go waterfall rappelling, do a high ropes course, and maybe a few other things thrown in there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment