Friday, October 2, 2015

If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up.

I'm not sure how I got to be so lucky, and I am really not trying to brag, but I have to pinch myself sometimes because I cannot believe how amazing my life is, it really is a dream. I don't know when I realized it or when the turning point was in my life. Somewhere along the way I learned or decided that no matter what the situation is, if you focus on the positive things and all the good in your life vs. what you think you are missing or the things that don't work out the way you planned, it leads to a ridiculously happy life and that positive energy you send out to the World comes right back at you ten fold.

People often ask me "why do you do so many crazy things?" or they mention "I wish I could do all the fun stuff you do" or they ask "how do you find so many fun things to do?" The answer is always the same. I have a list. When I see something or think of something I'd like to try, I write it down on the list. That second part is key. WRITE IT DOWN. So many times people think or say, "I'd love to do 'X' or try 'Y' or go to 'Z'" but then life goes on and they forget about it and get into the routine of daily living and no one ever does X,Y,Z. Well, when you have a list that is written down and you are bored or stuck in a rut or just have a day off, you look at the list and think what can I do today? Easy as that.

Not everything has to be exotic or far away or really difficult or time consuming. It can be as simple as changing the paint color in a room in your house or donating to charity or signing up for your first road race or going to a local museum that you always wanted to go to but just never do because it's so close and you can go anytime (but let's be honest we never do). I have decided there is a simple equation for adding adventure to your life - If you have the MEANS (money) + The ABILITY (physically capable) + the OPPORTUNITY (the time is right and the thing you want to do can be done at that time) = DO IT! Do not wait for another day or someday or sometime. Just do the things you want to do (within reason and legal boundaries of course).

Following this simple equation and constantly updating my list (which now has 448 things on it that I want to do, and 133 of them already done), I am having the time of my life and truly LIVING. So don't call it a bucket list, I am not dying, I am not kicking the bucket, I am living my life to the absolute fullest full possible and squeezing every ounce of awesome out of every single moment and opportunity that comes along. Life is like those choose your own adventure books we all read as kids, you can choose to turn the page and continue on with your daily routine or you can jump ahead to a new chapter and discover a whole new world is out there waiting for you.

Just a few of the most recent adventures I have gone on:



 



 










No comments:

Post a Comment