Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why do they make “boot” cut jeans, but no “booty” cut jeans????

This has been bothering me for quite some time. Since I lost all the weight and started running it is impossible to find a pair of jeans that fits my new body. My waist is tiny, but my quads are ginormous and my butt is a perfect runner’s butt from doing hills and loving them – high and round. So, if I buy the “curvy” jeans that are roomy through the hips and thighs, they don’t fit my waist and don’t hug my butt like I want them to. But if I try on the slim through the hips and thighs jeans I can’t get them up over my knees because my quads get in the way. WTF? Do I have to order some Pajama Jeans just to get a snug fit??? I never thought that after losing 100lbs. it would be difficult to find clothes that fit. If only I could get away with wearing my under armor pants everywhere. That would be AWESOME!


Speaking of under armor, I haven’t been able to wear mine in two more days because Mother Nature is being a wicked douche. It snowed AGAIN and then turned to ice making it impossible to run outside. Just when the roads were starting to look pretty good and the sun was melting some of the snow. B*tch, quit messin’ with my training for Boston! It was funny the first time when you forced me to take a rest day, but it’s getting old. Oh and this weekend’s forecast – partly sunny (not too bad, I’ll take that over freezing rain) and 3° F!!!! Thanks for that! I bet my water bottles will freeze on my long run and I will get frostbite on my nose. Can’t wait.

Well, since I haven’t been able to run outside, here’s what I have been up to. Tuesday I did another awesome stair climb workout. (5 flights up + 5 burpees + 5 flights down + 20 squats + 5 flights up + 5 burpees + 5 flights down + 20 lunges) x 5 for a total of 50 flights of stairs, 50 burpees, 100 squats, and 100 lunges. AND if that doesn’t make you tired just reading it, when I was done I went to the gym and did 3 rounds of an upper body circuit and 60 minutes of intervals on an elliptical. It was awesome! By the time I was done, I could have eaten my own arm I was so hungry.

Yesterday, I was still a little sore from the previous day’s sweat session and it was raining ice so I went to the gym and stared out the window for a few minutes and glared at the dreadmill and stared back outside. Neither option was a great one so I found a way to get 5 miles done without hanging myself on the safety cord from the dreadmill. I did a mini triathlon of sorts. (100 jump rope skips + 1 mile dreadmill + 2 miles stationary bike) x 5 You know it’s a good workout when there is a puddle of sweat beneath you at the end. I might have to keep that workout handy for the next time Mother Nature decides to be a douche, which could be as soon as next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment