Thursday, August 15, 2013

Year of AWESOME, so far


So, I started the year off with the goal to make it as awesome as possible and I think I'm on target to meet or exceed that goal.  I've been trying to branch out and try new things and work on my 'To-do' list.  So far in 2013 I have checked off ten wicked awesome things:

Try snowshoeing 09Feb13
Pay off my college loans 22Mar13
Boston Trapeze School 22Mar13
Take a glassblowing class 26Mar13
Big Sur Marathon 28Apr13
Run RTB Relay as an Ultra team 17May13
Mt. Washington road race 15Jun13
Take a Pole Dancing class 25Jun13
Go to Walden Pond 17Jul13
Get a caricature drawn of myself 27Jul13

I have a few more things planned like running the Berlin Marathon, then drinking a beer at Oktoberfest.  I think I'd like to try one new thing or check off one item per month, some months have been busier than others, but I'm doing pretty good and it's only August. 

Oh and I have skydiving booked for the 25th of this month so that will be checking off another item.  I'm scared, but excited too.  It's one of the first things I put on my list.  I started the list as I was losing weight and once I reached my goal.  There are some things in life that require you to be under a weight limit and for a long time I was not able to do any of them because I was too heavy.  When I lost the weight and fell below the limit I started making a list of all the things I wanted to try.  I have about 200 items on the list so far and I add to it and edit it whenever I'm feeling inspired.  So far I have checked off 36 things.  Some of the early accomplishments didn't even make the list but I should count them.

I will have to review the list and see what else I can cram into this awesome year. Maybe some fun Boston things that I tend to overlook because they are so close to home and easy to do - duck boat tour, Freedom trail, and maybe be an extra in a movie...they do film a lot in this area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment