Thursday, December 3, 2009

Great day and a DFMC runners meeting

Yesterday my fundraising broke $1000!!! I'm now at almost $1500. The second cheesecake raffle is going great and should be just as successful as the first if not more successful. The wine tasting is struggling, I guess it's tough to plan a get together the week before christmas. Everyone is busy or traveling. Oh well. I'll just have to have another one.

I managed to get in a 6 mile run after work yesterday and at a pretty fast pace too. I didn't feel like I was movin' that fast, but the garmin said I was fast so I'll take it. Did some strength training and stretching and then headed into Boston for a Runner's meeting at Dana Farber.

The runner's meeting was fun. Got to meet a few more runners and learn a little more about some fundraising ideas and some random stuff. Group runs start soon, but I may not be able to go at first because of my goofy training. We'll see. It soulds like a lot of fun, I'd love to go to at least one of them. I didn't get home until 9:45pm last night and now I'm exhausted. So, today will eithre be a rest day or a very easy day. I need to stretch some more and do a little more strength, but we'll see how I feel after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment