Saturday, January 23, 2010

Amazed!

Only 3 yrs ago, I remember seeing people running in the middle of the winter, early in the morning, in the middle of a blizzard, in wind and rain and whatever New England weather had to offer and thinking "those people are NUTS!" Now I'm one of those people. I see them now and I think, "right on!", "way to go!" or "I wish I was running right now".

I finished off the week with some more intervals on the eliptical and some light stretching afterwards. I pushed myself a little and cranked up the resistance and kept my cadence high. I was dripping by the time I got to the cool down. It was a good sweat session. Slept in late this morning and waited for the sun to come up before heading out the door for a short 4 mile run. It is so nice out. I hope April is just like this. It's beautiful. I ran strong and felt great. Today was the first day since Goofy that my resting heart rate was 60 (it's been in the 50s). I guess I'm either getting more conditioned or really well rested and ready to go hard or go home. :) Either way it's awesome.

I think today I'll go shopping for a scrapbook to put all my Boston/DFMC stuff in. I want to remember every aspect of this journey for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment