Sunday, January 24, 2010

Building miles back up

I did a nice easy 8miler today. On my way to building up my mileage after Disney and ramping up for Boston. It felt great to do a sort of long run. 8 miles really isn't that long, but I guess anything that takes more than an hour is long. I just can't wait to get back in the 15-20 mile range. Not too fast though. Too much too soon and I'll just get hurt. So, I have to do a few shorter long runs first. 15-20 really is my happy place though. I love those long runs.

I went out shopping for scrapbooking stuff yesterday. Someone should go into the business of making marathon scrapbook supplies because there was NOTHING out there. Not even anything running related. I couldn't even find anything Boston related. I found Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York, but do you think they had a Massachusetts??? NOPE!!! Anyway I was able to find some stuff after several hours of searching and the first few pages of my scrapbook look amazing. I look forward to filling in the pages with my fundraising progress and pictures from running the race and DFMC team events and maybe even some training run photos. It will be really nice to have at the end of this whole journey. Although the journey never really ends. And I hope that I will get to run Boston again sometime. Maybe even qualify. I'll have to do it when I'm 65 and the times are closer to my pace, but it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment