Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rest, Run, Runner's meeting, Rest, and a blah day

Monday I rested, I packed my gym bag and brought it with me to work, but by the end of the day I was exhausted and just wanted to go home.

Tuesday I got up early and did an awesome 6 miler. Felt great, sprinkled rain/sleet a little, roads were clear from the rain and my pace was good too. Tuesday night was the runners meeting. Lots of injury prevention info and some fundraising ideas. I got a cheer shirt and gave away my clif shot blocks from Disney. Talked with another runner that did Disney and then went home. Made the mistake of having a cup of coffee before the meeting and couldn't sleep.

Needless to say I was dragging a little Wednesday and I was stuck in an all day long meeting about statistical trending of assay controls, about as interesting as my brief employment at an inventory control company that counted nails at home depot. It was a LONG day and although I brought my gym bag again, all my mind and body wanted was sleep so I went home.

I could have taken a nap, but the guy that made the movie Food Inc. was on Oprah and I had to watch it. Seriously, if you haven't seen the movie add it to your netflix que or go out and rent it. It's a movie EVERYONE should see. I didn't believe the hype until I watched it myself. Some of the information is horrifying and uspetting, but the message at the end of the movie is incredible and empowering. Anyway, I didn't get a nap and I went to bed early, but for some reason I woke up at 1:00am and felt sick to my stomach and my heart was racing. I fell back asleep after an hour or two of tossing and turning, but then it was time to get up. So, I'm still a little sleep deprived.

Today, work was more exciting statistics and trending talk and my brain felt like mush at the end of the day, but I figured I should try to go to the gym and do something because it would make me feel better. I was wrong. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical (I usually do 60 minutes) and I never increased the resistance from my warm up levels of 15/10(I usually do intervals of 20/15 resistance) and the strides per minute I could barely keep at 100 (I can usually push at 140s on the lower resistance and 110s on the higher resistance). But even with the lower resistance and strides per minute, my heart rate was high and I felt like I was really working. So, I stopped and left. I must be getting sick or just really need to catch up on my sleep. My resting heart rate this morning was really high, but I figured that was just because of the crappy night of sleep I got and when I finally settled back to sleep my alarm clock scared the shit out of me.

So, I'll try to get to bed early again tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment