Monday, January 4, 2010

Nervous, anxious, excited, scared, psyched - ALL OF THE ABOVE

The Goofy Challenge is this weekend!!! Saturday morning I did a nice recovery ride in Spin class and then Saturday evening and Sunday I relaxed on the couch watching the snow fall and keep falling and then fall some more and then blow around and fall a little more. Sunday night I figured I should probably start packing for Disney and it hit me - OMG I'm going to run a half marathon AND a full marathon next weekend!

I'm getting really nervous. I know I'm trained and ready and nothing I do or don't do this week will change how I perform in the race this weekend. The weather forecast is PERFECT! Mid-50s and partly cloudy both days. It's like the stars are aligning and everything is falling into place, but I'm freaking out. I don't even remember if I was this nervous before my very first marathon. I don't want to forget anything. I don't want to over do it. I don't want to get hurt. I don't want to get dehydrated like I did last year (the weather should help a lot with that).

I'm also REALLY excited. I can't wait to go to Disney. I can't wait to run. I can't wait to take a ton of pictures with all the Disney characters along the course. I can't wait to see how my Tinkerbell wings impact my running. :) Hoping they won't be an issue if anything I hope they help me fly through the course. I really can't wait for the victory lap celebration at Hollywood Studios. And I can't wait to come home and show off all 3 of my medals!

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment