Sunday, November 15, 2009

The beginning

Wow, where to begin. 3 yrs ago I started a personal transformation. I lost 100lbs. and then a year later I ran my first marathon. It wasn't easy. I didn't take a magic pill or follow a fad diet or get drastic surgery. I made a lot of little changes in my lifestyle over time and began a journey down a path to a healthier life.

I have since maintained my weight for over 2yrs and run 3 marathons, several half marathons and more 5ks than I can count. You could say I'm addicted to running. Not a bad addiction to have I guess.

This past week I got some great news, I was selected to be a member of the Dana Farber Marathon Challenge Team. On April 19, 2010 I will be running the Boston Marathon to raise money for cancer research (and to support my running addiction). I'm extremely excited to be a part of something so important and to have the opportunity to make a difference and support the fight to find a cure for cancer.

I mailed in my invitational entry form yesterday and have already started brainstorming ideas for fundraising. The running will be the easy part for me, the fundraising will be the challenge, but I'm up for it and I hope I can far exceed my goal of raising $5000.

No comments:

Post a Comment