Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Overtraining???

Ok, so it's almost 5:00am and I'm trying to decide if I should go for a short run right now, but when I woke up my resting heart rate was still high. I took a rest day yesterday and that usually brings the RHR right back down after the weekend of long runs, but it's still high today. :(

I HATE to take back to back rest days, but I think I may have to. I don't want to start down the path of over reaching and end up over trained. I was just going to do 3-4 miles at a nice easy pace. Even have a new head lamp and blinky lights for running in the dark. Guess I'll have to use them another time.

But now this means I could have slept in another hour!

Well, since I'm resting today I guess I can give a little update on my fundraising efforts. I've sent out emails from work and from my home email address. I'm making my list for letters to go out probably the first week of December. I'm raffling off one of my famous pumpkin cheesecakes for thanksgiving and I've raised ~$250 so far for that. People really want to win my cheesecake. :) I also ordered "business cards" with my link and a little blurb about what I'm doing on them so I can hand them out to people I talk to in passing. I'm hoping to break $1000 before the end of November to start off my fundraising with a bang! I'm pretty close, so we'll see how the rest of the month goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment