Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feelin good

Weekend runs went well, I was going to do some strength training on Monday, but opted for a rest day instead. Yesterday, I went for a nice 4 mile run afterwork and threw in some fartleks to make it interesting. For the non-runners and newbies out there, fartleks are like intervals on the treadmill, but done outside. For example, I sprint every other telephone pole and recover inbetween. The distance between the poles varies so the sprints vary too. It's a fun way to get in some speed work and spice up your normal run.

Another fun variation on the regular run that I like is hill repeats. Find a short (less than a mile) loop with a decent hill in it and sprint up the hill, recover coming down the other side and repeat. I usually like to do this at least 3-4 times on the hill loop I found. It's fun, but I'm crazy and I love hills so it's not for everyone. :)

Anyway, after the run last night I went home and baked the cheesecake that I raffled off. Pumpkin with a gingersnap pecan crust and a caramel swirl. It's awesome. I'm sure that the winner of the raffle and his family will enjoy it for Thanksgiving. I might have to make another one for where ever I end up this year. It smelled so good in my kitchen. It's the gingersnap crust that makes it so good. If you think a graham cracker crust is good, you haven't lived yet until you try the gingersnap crust. It takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment