Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday 6 and Spin

This morning I woke up and ran a nice easy 6 miler first thing in the morning. I was nice out, overcast, in the 40s and a little windy. Gusts of wind at some points. Tail wind on the way out and a strong headwind on the way back. I kinda wish it was the other way around, but a nice headwind always makes me push myself a little harder. In the last mile I started to feel a little sluggish and my legs felt heavy, but I finished it up. My legs felt a little tight afterwards so I signed up for a spin class and off I went for some active recovery.

Spin class at Fit Lifestyle Studios in Melrose (if you live near there and need a place to go it's pretty awesome!). Pleasant surprise with a different instructor than the usual Saturday morning instructor. Instead of alternative rock (which is my favorite) we got club hits with DJ Devine (not my favorite, but it was a really good class). It's funny how each instructor is a little different and has their own style. I think that's what makes spin class so fun. This morning was definitely entertaining and a good workout to boot. My legs feel much better and now I can spend the rest of the day doing nothing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment