Saturday, November 21, 2009

Success and a Saturday morning run

The cheesecake raffle was a huge success. I raised $365!!! I have to go out today and get the supplies to make it. The pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap pecan crust and caramel swirl is always a hit this time of year. I think I'll kick it up a notch for the holiday cheesecake raffle and make the double chocolate cheesecake. It's more decadent and everyone loves chocolate. I should be able to raise even more money on that one.

The weather was perfect this morning for a run. In the mid-40s a little overcast and sun just starting to burn through the clouds. I did just over 8 miles. Started slow, a little tight in the hamstrings, but soon fell into a nice rhythm and got comfy. Could have run further, but I have a 14 miler planned for tomorrow so, best to stay on track with just the 8 this morning. Bumped into a friend at mile 5ish and chatted briefly, then continued on my way, picked up the pace a little. Last 3 miles felt great, on top of the world. Sun shinning, smile on my face, and smooth stride carrying me home. With a little over a mile to go, "highway to the dangerzone" came on the my iPod and I felt the need, the need for speed. :) Picked up the pace again and finished strong. Got home and cooled down with a little light yard work. I cleaned the leaves out of my garden. I've been putting it off for weeks and it felt good to finally get it done. Now my flowers can come back healthy in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment